Subscribe

Veteran Actress Mary Twala Passes On Her Late's Husband's Birthday

Mzansi most loved veteran actress departed today. Details surrounding the cause of her death has not been revealed. Mam Mary Twala died on her late husband's birthday as confirmed by her popular son Somizi Mhlongo on his Instagram post. Marry was a superstar and an icon to many, may her soul rest in peace! 


On his post, Somizi wrote:

"Today's my late father's birthday.....and my mom decided to respond to his call to join him in heaven.....THE TREE HAS FALLEN...
I'm shattered to the core.....but I'd be very selfish if I dont release her....my mom lived to the fullest....achieved beyond her dreams....its hurts like hell.....I wont lie.....a day without her calling to either say I love u or give me money.......thank u south africa for loving the phenomenal super star that is my mother.......she left us peacefully around 11am at parklane pvt hospital as I was on my way to drop off her gown and a few minutes earlier the dr called to say come shes up and jolly now.....I arrived a few mon late......LALA MA...... " from @somizi her son on Instagram.


Mam Mary Twala has featured in several south African local productions. She was a guest cast in the first season of Generations. In 2007, she starred in local drama, Ubizo: The Calling. In 2010, she played a support role in Hopeville, the film won numerous awards in several festivals and award ceremonies. Twala played "Ma Dolly" in the film, which earned her best supporting actress nomination at 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards. After undergoing a medical procedure that kept her out of filming for months, Twala made a comeback in Vaya (film) in 2015. In 2016, she was one of the ensemble cast in Comatose, a film that featured top acts across Africa including Bimbo Akintola and Hakeem kae-Kazim. The film tries to establish the point at which it is justifiable to lose a loved one that is unconscious. In 2017, she played a supporting role in the sport film, Beyond the River. By October in the same year, it was announced that Twala will feature in a new television drama series on Mzanzi Magic titled The Imposter. 

Comments

Post a Comment

your thoughts?

Popular posts from this blog

New Couple Alert: It seems like Aaron Moloisi has found love...Again!

Gomora – the thrilling story of two worlds colliding on Mzansi Magic

Fans Gushes Over Langa Mavuso's Boyfriend

Somizi and Mohale: The Union, South Africa’s first gay celebrity wedding special

Minnie Dlamini Set To Host 2020 DStv Mzansi Viewers Choice Awards.