Leandie du Randt and Lerato Kganyago announced as resident judges for Miss South Africa Crown Chasers 2024

The resident judges for this year’s Miss South Africa Crown Chasers – which starts on S3 on Saturday, June 29, at 20h30 – have been announced.

They are actress, model, media personality and Metro FM presenter Lerato Kganyago who makes her debut. And actress, presenter, voice artist, model, author and entrepreneur Leandie du Randt (who also served as a judge last year). They will be joined each week by a celebrity guest judge.

In the 6 x 60-minute series the Miss South Africa contestants are placed in real life scenarios that include challenges based on the four pillars of Miss South Africa – duty, championship, empowerment and beauty. A challenge winner will be chosen each week.


At the end of each episode, the judges will vote off one contestant, with the remaining contenders going through to participate in the live grand finale at the SunBet Arena at Time Square in Pretoria on August 10.


Du Randt is delighted to be returning to the series: “It’s such an honour for me. I just love this reality show because it really gives those taking part the opportunity to see what will be expected of them if they are crowned Miss South Africa. The challenges and tests they are put through during the course of the show is a true test of what will be expected of them.”


Her excitement is matched by new judge Kganyago: “It feels absolutely amazing and surreal to be a resident judge for Crown Chasers. It's like coming full circle for me having taken part in pageants. Being part of a show that celebrates and empowers women is something I hold very close to my heart. I’m thrilled and humbled to help guide these incredible contestants on their journey. I hope that I will be bringing a lot to the show including my own experience as someone who's been in their shoes. I understand the pressures and the dreams these women have. I’ll be there to offer support, honest feedback and a lot of heart. My goal is to help each contestant find their true potential and shine as their authentic selves,” she says.


Du Randt says that once again viewers and fans of the show can expect lots of entertainment, some tears and beautiful transformations: “The best things for me this year is the new edgy set and the fact that most of the contestants are new and fresh, with a few returning competitors in the race for the 2024 crown. This allows them all to start at the same point and move forward with the same goal. I will be looking out for the person who grows consistently, that gets better and steps into her own magic!”


Adds Kganyago: “Audiences can expect a lot of heartfelt moments, real growth and inspiring stories. The show is packed with exciting challenges and emotional highs and lows. It's going to be a beautiful journey of transformation, not just for the contestants but for everyone watching. Get ready for some genuine, raw and powerful moments.”


Du Randt says she loves the fact that Crown Chasers gives viewers a better understanding of what it really takes to wear the Miss South Africa crown and why the judges make the decisions they do: “I am looking forward to the person who inspires me to be the best version of myself, even though I'm a judge. I want to discover the person who owns her own story and how she communicates that to our diverse country so everyone can relate to her.”


The last word to Kganyago: “I just want to say how excited I am for everyone to see this season. Crown Chasers is more than just a competition; it’s a celebration of women’s strength, beauty and potential. Let’s enjoy this journey together and cheer on these amazing contestants as they chase their dreams!”


Download the Miss South Africa app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.


Miss South Africa is presented by Weil Entertainment in association with Sun International. S3 is the official broadcast partner.